Why do I care so much about branding and graphic design? Why bother with professional branding you ask? Who cares about graphics! After all isn’t content king? True, we hear about content marketing all day long… And it is pivotal. But look at these B2B stats regarding how branding plays a role in your marketing effectiveness, and how business professionals feel about it:
- B2B brands fare better with customers when they use emotive rather than rational marketing messages. (MarketingWeek)
- B2B marketers have consistently cited brand awareness as their top goal over the last five years. (CMI and MarketingProfs)
- Building an audience is more valuable than direct sales for over 70% of brand managers. (OnBrand)
- B2B companies with brands that are perceived as strong generate a higher EBIT margin than others. (Forbes)
- 77% of B2B marketing leaders say branding is critical to growth. (Circle Research)
- 75% of B2B buyers want branded content that helps them research business ideas, but 93% of brands focus their content on marketing their own products and services. (MarketingCharts)
- 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing to promote brand awareness. (Content Marketing Institute)
Check out these stats on which types of visuals have the highest engagement:
- 5% of marketers said gifs and memes performed best
- 7.6% said that stock photos had the biggest impact, despite being used most frequently
- 20.2% said that videos and presentations performed best
- 41.5% of marketers said that infographics and other original graphics were the most engaging
- 25.7% stated that charts and data visualizations performed the best
Facebook Graphical Stats:
Facebook states posts with visuals get 3.2 times more engagement, and…
- Photos get 39% more interaction
- Using emoticons increases comments by 33%
HubSpot says visual content is shared 40 times more than its content only counterpart. Most marketers (60.8%), stated that the use of visual content was absolutely necessary to their marketing strategies.
Based on this information, it’s in your best interest to produce compelling visuals. When you produce content marketing, don’t forget to integrate your company brand (visual identity, messaging, etc.). If brand integration is an afterthought, looks unprofessional, or doesn’t exist, you are doing your business a disservice.
What do you think about your company brand and how it fits in to your overall marketing content strategy? If you haven’t already, it might be a good time to evaluate your branding. Words alone can get you only so far.
Brand smart. Reap the rewards.
Fishtale can help. Visit – https://fishtalemarketing.net/#contact-form for a free marketing consult to evaluate your brand.
See full report on Visual Content Marketing Statistics